Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Official! Emma Fuhao Willoughby




We officially have a new daughter!! Today we went to the notary and Civil Affairs office to finalize what we started yesterday. Because Emma is over ten years old, she was required to be interviewed and sign papers. When she was asked if she understood why we were here, she said "Yes, they came to bring me home". HOME!! What a precious word. Even the guide was touched by what she said.
There were three other families adopting today. What a blessing to see these other children getting added to families as well! There was a speech given by the director of all the orphanages in Guangxi, and then she presented is with the coveted red folder that says Emma is now a Willoughby.
When the lady from the orphanage said goodbye, Emma got emotional and shut down for a bit. When we got to the hotel she wanted the guide to come to the room with us. The guide, Miko, talked with her for quite a while. Besides being scared, she was also upset because the water in the shower wasn't warm. Bless her heart, I had showed her last night, but didn't stay in the bathroom so she could have her privacy and she didn't understand how to adjust the temp. I had no idea. 😞 Miko explained it again and also told her to point to my phone and I can call either Miko or Xiaoyun if she needs to tell me anything.
After that she has perked up, and is currently writing notes to send to Baba and the girls. She had learned to write the alphabet, but I don't know yet if she actually knows the letters or is just copying.
The Power of Attorney that we had to have still had not arrived yesterday. We weren't going to be able to proceed without it. God, in His timing, had it arrive just when it was needed. It was delivered as we were walking into the notary office this morning!! I have no idea why I stress when I know He is in control!! It is a lesson He is continually teaching me. (I sure wish I'd hurry up and learn this lesson!!)
Continued thanks for all the prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo thrilled for all of y'all! A new daughter... how precious!! Continuing to keep your every need in prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete