Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Two Days Till Home

I am counting down the minutes until we are on that plane heading home. I know it is a shame to be in China and be so eager to leave, but I long to be with family. I imagine that is the same as how Emma is feeling. Longing for her old home, her 'family'. Last night I finally went to bed and left the tv and lights on in the hope that she'd eventually calm down and go to sleep. She did, and this morning acted fine again. After breakfast, we spent the rest of the morning in the room. This afternoon we went to the Chen Clan Academy. Every time we've been here we have visited there and bought the girls a scroll that represented their province. The other times, we have toured the different areas, but this time we rushed through. It was very hot and humid, and Emma doesn't seem to do well with that. We got the scroll, picked up some bracelets for the girls, and came back to the room. She wasn't happy about leaving the guide and went straight to bed, and stayed there for a while. She is now on day two without a shower. She said she didn't want one, and I'm trying to be wise about which battles to fight, so I've not pushed the issue. Hopefully tomorrow she will get one. She used the pocket translator to tell me she has a good friend at the orphanage that she misses, and that she wants to go back to Guangxi. I told her after we were home, I'd try to find a family for him. She said she didn't want to go, and I told her I know, and that is how it was left. After that she didn't cry, and did eat some supper. As I type, she has started back up again.We will stick close to the room tomorrow. Our guide will bring us our final paperwork, and I'll be packing. I expect that when she sees the suitcases out, that it will get rough. Please pray for us all!
I would also like to request prayers for Friday. We leave for Hong Kong early, and fly out at 2:30pm. I am concerned how she will do when we get to the airport, and also when we go to board the plane. She doesn't want to fly and she doesn't want to come to the US, so I honestly don't know what to expect. Please pray that she will not have a meltdown, and will do well on both flights. The first flight is 15 hours, then a 3 hour layover before our last leg of 2 hours.
The picture below was the only picture taken today. I asked Enya if she wanted her pic taken, and when she went over to sit on the stairs, Emma ran over and joined her. Glad to have a smile.







1 comment:

  1. Praying for your flights home and that Emma will do well!!

    ReplyDelete