Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, July 7, 2017

The Best Laid Plans Part 2

Right now Enya and I should be half way to China. Instead, I'm sitting in my living room. The paperwork needed for only one parent traveling should have been ready today. However, for some unknown reason, the consulate sent a message to all couriers that paperwork scheduled for pickup would now not be ready until next week. Without that paperwork, we are not allowed to proceed with the adoption, so we had to rebook flights yesterday and our coordinator in China is working on changing all in country travel. It feels like I was on a bullet train and the brakes got slammed on. Everything was ready to walk out the door. It's been an emotional rollercoaster. We will now fly out next Friday.
The worst of this is the fact that a little girl on the other side of the world expected to meet her Mama and a sister soon. She's been told there is a delay, and I pray it hasn't caused her to think we aren't coming. I can't imagine the doubts and fears she has anyway. Please pray for her heart.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong! I HATE adoption paperwork. That is, until I have my child in my arms!!! I'm glad this isn't your first adoption. As hard as it is, at least you know how it all works and that you will indeed have a child at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete