Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Shamian Island, typhoons, struggles

I'll be honest- I'm not sure how to go with this post. Keep it positive, or keep it real. Since there may be other families in the adoption process, I think I need to be real. I would be doing others a great disservice by only painting a rosy picture. The fact is, two of us had a meltdown today (and Enya wasn't one of them). Emma didn't care for Shamian Island very much. We've settled into what is becoming a familiar routine- She acts fine until we're with the guide, and then she acts like we have the plague. Once we leave the guide, she acts fine again right up until it's evening time. She then starts crying and wants to talk with the guide. Tonight she told the guide she doesn't want to go home with us. I know she is homesick, and my mind understands this, but it is hard on the heart to hear those words. I know once she is home and realizes it isn't a scary place that she will be fine. She's an outgoing girl, and I'm sure it won't take long to feel comfortable with the family and those around her.
On Shamian Island there are a ton of places to take pictures. I was excited to get some good photos of Emma and also some of Enya in some of the same poses as she had had six years ago when she was adopted. Emma refused to take any pictures. She wasn't interested in anything about the island, so we left quickly and came back to the room. Typhoon Roke (right now a category 8) started dumping a ton of rain on Guangzhou, so that has put a damper on getting outside. We're supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow, which Emma and Enya are excited about, but as it looks now we'll need to find some inside activity to keep us busy.
The highlight of my day was on Shamian Island. We were in a store and I heard what I was sure was worship music. When we went outside I realized we were right beside a church. Inside they were singing, "How Great is Our God". He truly is a great God and He is holding us in His hands! He is in control, which is such a comfort, when things feel out of control.
I'd like to ask for prayers that the TB test comes back fine tomorrow afternoon, and also that the interview at the US consulate goes well on Tuesday morning (They will ask Emma if she wants to be adopted and go to the US)




1 comment:

  1. Cindy my heart goes out to u. I sure am praying for the TB test and the consulate. Praying for little Emma too... life is sooo hard at times. Keeping all these needs in my prayers and calling your name out to our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete