Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Monday, July 17 China local. - 12hrs ahead


I think I need to start a series on the best laid plans😊.

We arrived in Beijing Saturday afternoon. The flight was great. So many empty seats that Enya and I were able to stretch out and rest. I've never been on a flight that wasn't full. After clearing customs we found our way to the domestic counter only to find that our flight to Nanning had been cancelled. Because of lightning, most flights to southern China were cancelled. Of course I couldn't get the internet to work on the phone and it took hours before I was able to get in touch with someone from our agency. The flights for Sunday were booked, so we had to stay in Beijing until this morning (Monday). By the time someone made arrangements and picked us up to go to a hotel we had been standing in the airport for over five hours. We looked like the walking dead. Enya was a trooper and not once complained. Since we would be in Beijing a day and a half, I decided to show Enya a little more of China. Our guide took us to the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. It was hot, but beautiful. So thankful Enya was able to have this extra experience. 
We won't arrive in Nanning until this afternoon, which is when we are supposed to meet Emma so I'm not sure if we'll go to the room first, it straight to Civil Affairs office. 
Prayers please for Emma's heart and also for the weather. It is heavy rain there right now so prayers we're able to land. 

1 comment: