Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 17, 2017

Emma Fuhao

Welcome Emma Fuhao!!
We have Emma!! She is tucked into bed playing video games with Enya. Our flight landed on time and before the storm (thanks so much for the prayers!!) . I found out there is a typhoon heading this way, but other than heavy rain it shouldn't affect us too much.
We had a few minutes at the hotel before heading to the Civil Affairs Office. Emma was very nervous, which is to be expected. There were a few tears, and I found out later that she had heard the orphanage director mention that she needed more surgery on her lip, and it scared her. Bless her heart. I'd be upset too. Leaving all you know, and hearing you have to have surgery, would upset anyone.
We visited Walmart for some comfort food, which looked a lot different for each of us ;-)
PB and J for me, ramen for Enya, and snack things for Emma. She didn't want supper, and they had told me earlier that she had been a little carsick. She's very observant, and quick to pick up on things (which is going to keep me on my toes!).
The director had some pictures of her as a baby, and they are also giving me some other information tomorrow on a flash drive. I'm so grateful to have that. She had the photo album we had sent, and when we got to the room she pulled it out and wanted to go over everyone's names. She and Enya are doing well together.
I think the day has caught up to all of us, so we are heading to bed early. Again, thank you all for the prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment