Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Consulate Day

Prayers were answered this morning. Emma was in a great mood throughout our two and a half hours at the US Consulate. When it was time for our interview, she was asked if she knew who I was, did she want to be adopted, and did she know her birth parents. She answered each one without any issues. So thankful to have that behind us!
Enya didn't fare quite so well. She got sick three times while we were at the consulate. The van drive evidently was more than she could handle. Once back at the room, I gave her some medicine and she slept for awhile, and then was as good as new.
Later this afternoon we went to the park with our new friends. The girls all had a good time together. It's so nice to have other girls for them to do things with. Emma was all smiles and laughter right up until we got back to the room. We'd been in the room for maybe five minutes when she asked to call the guide. Since she'd had such a good day, I assumed she was going to tell the guide about it. I assumed wrong. Immediately after the guide said hello she started crying and saying she doesn't want to go to the US. I talked to the guide for a minute, and hung up. She's been crying ever since.
I had a friend tell me when we were here adopting our first time that I needed to remember that

THIS IS NOT OUR NEW NORMAL

This is so true. I've seen this time and time again. This is just survival and coping. Time, patience, and most of all love and prayers, will allow her to blossom and let her real personality shine through.


2 comments:

  1. Praise God for all these answered prayers!! I am loving your post and how "real" they are. Continuing to pray for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy - I've been following your blog and am so happy that you are near the final part of the trip. And, that she said yes! Praying for all of you as you journey home and begin the real "normal" of life in a family. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete