Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Ximi's 8th Birthday/ Mother's Day

I can think of no better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to celebrate it on one of our children's birthdays. Ximi turned 8 today. In true typical Ximi fashion, she didn't care what we got her for her birthday. She is so easy going and cheerful from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed. Easy to please should be her middle name. Ximi just recently won student of the month at her school. She wins everyone's hearts after being around her a short time.

 

 We were both spoiled today. Virgil wouldn't let me step into the kitchen all day. He and the girls handled all the meals and cleanup. I was blessed to be able to worship in church today with many of my family. Virgil's mom passed away many years ago, so I know that it is an extra special thing to be able to have 4 generations together for the day. They all came over to the house for lunch and birthday cake. There is such joy in just sitting on the porch surrounded by so many people I love. It is not something I take for granted.
All the girls had made me a card, and had homemade gifts for me. They are a creative bunch of girls. Virgil bought me a necklace that Love Without Boundaries was selling to help raise funds for the cleft repairs they just completed in China. It was a special gift because not only do we have a child who had a cleft repair done before she came home (Enya), but we also have two children who were in foster care through LWB (Elli and Meimei) .
Though not all the kids were here, we did try to get a family photo. That is a tricky thing with this bunch. This was the best one of the thousand or so taken- lol!


 
Praising God for my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment