Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Enya's 5th Gotcha Day


We celebrated in our usual fashion- Chinese food and watching videos. This time however, we found some videos we didn't remember ever watching before. With each passing year, I'm more aware of how quickly time passes. There is a little more young lady, and a little less  girl. I see the signs I know too well. I've walked this path before as some of my other children have swiftly passed from child to adult. One day they are wearing their princess dress up clothing, and the next we're looking at an empty bedroom.
Enya is such a blessing. Though time has brought some maturity, it has not dimmed her bubbly spirit. Her excitement for life continues to be contagious to those around her. Her generosity continues to abound. She's had two palate surgeries already this year, and never complained.
Below is a note she wrote me today. It is just one of many that she has written me. Some are with drawings, others I've found sitting beside a bouquet of dandelions and violets.
All are like Enya- utterly precious!!!!

(I am happy for you being my mom. I always wanted to have a mom like you.
Thank you. Love Enya)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha! Our daughter Lydia came to us from Harbin, Heilongjiang in June of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, you are precious in all our sights... what a mom you are and the most wonderful wife/friend/partner that a man could ever pray for. Love you dearly and want everyone to know how blessed I am that God has placed us on this journey together! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cindy's well written words.Enya is truly talented in many ways and she does have a Sweet, gentle spirit about her. Papaw and I love you smuch.

    ReplyDelete