Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 15, 2016

My 'Prayer Closet'

Since I normally only post about adoption, it may seem strange that I am talking about a prayer closet. However, I can't help thinking there are other mothers out there who have adopted and have the same issues that I've dealt with. Prior to adopting Elli, there were only three of us in this house. (Emily was 17) It was easy to find a quiet place to do a devotion. I had an entire house where I could study the Bible and pray. After Elli came home, things changed, but still it was easy to find that quiet time. Fast forward five years, and now there are nine of us living in this home. Space is at a premium. Quiet time is HARD to come by. Generally by the time all the girls are in the bed, I'm ready myself ;-)
I have wanted to carve out a dedicated spot where I could leave my Bible, notebook, etc and be alone. It had been on my mind for a while and when we got back from China in September, the need was even more apparent. If I'm not taking time to be with God, everything (and everyone) else suffers. I knew I needed that desperately but couldn't figure out a good location. In October, I told Virgil I really needed a small desk I could call my own and I needed a place I could put it where I could go in and shut the door and have a little privacy. He took me that day to look for something (I think he could see the desperation in my eyes - lol). What I ended up with was a little secretary desk that we found at an indoor flea market. It didn't take up any more space than my nightstand did. I can now shut the door and be able to concentrate on God's Word. This time with Him is vital for me. It is not a want, it is a NEED.

There is a movie out on DVD now called War Room. The woman in the movie has a prayer closet where she brings her needs before the Lord. It's a great movie, and highlights what I am talking about. Many of us, however don't have the space to use one of our closets. I'm hoping my idea will encourage another mother out there to find some nook that they can call their own and go to everyday to be renewed and recharged by God. Blessings, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment