Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Meimei's Mama

Mama, mama, mama

With no exaggeration, it is said over a hundred times a day.


It rolls off her tongue all day long.
Whether she needs anything or not.
Whether she is standing beside me, sitting in my lap, or in the other room playing with her sisters.
Sometimes it is yelled- when I am in a different area of the house and she is trying to find me. Sometimes it is whispered in my ear when she wraps her little arms around me.
Rarely she says it because she wants something.
I like to think it is because she finally has what she has wanted- a mama (and a baba).
She has waited 6 years for parents to call her own.
Meimei was in foster care for a large part of her young life, but her foster parents were older and she called them grandmother and grandfather.
Now she has a mama of her own and she is trying to make up for lost time.
So she calls my name all day long and it is now often followed by "I love you" -in English no less.

It is a beautiful thing for this mama to hear!!!!

(In all fairness, I must say it was baba that got her to say 'I love you' first, and I have no doubt if he was home with her all day that 'baba' would be said more often than mama)

1 comment:

  1. Those words must be music to your ears! God is sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete