Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, September 14, 2015

Shamain Island Tour



Yesterday we visited Shamain Island. It is our favorite place in Guangzhou. It is a beautiful place of cobbled streets lined with large Banyan trees. It used to be controlled by the British, and most of the architecture is British. It has a restaurant, Lucy's, that serves American food. Today we feasted on chicken fingers, hamburgers, fries, and onion rings (with a couple of bowls of noodles thrown in). It was quite different than our meal last night. Our guide, John, took us and the other families to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. He ordered for everyone, and one dish after another kept coming to the table. I have subsisted almost exclusively on peanut butter and jelly since getting to China, basically because I'm not a brave eater. I did end up trying, and enjoying all the food on the table. The girls loved it, and we finally had to make them stop so they didn't get sick. The other families we are with are also Christians, and it was nice to break bread together with other believers.

I wanted to mention a little about one of the families. When we were introduced, I knew that I had seen their adopted daughter before. I was pretty positive she was a little girl we had considered adopting. It broke our hearts to say no to that sweet little girl, but she was wheelchair bound, and I didn't think with my neck problems, I could handle the lifting. God orchestrated it so that not only did she end up being adopted, but He also allowed us to meet her and her wonderful family. What a mighty God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment