Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, September 7, 2015

Our New Daughter!


We have a new daughter!! Meimei walked in with one of the representatives from the orphanage about 2:30.  She called us Baba and Mama immediately and started showing me what was in the backpack she had brought. It was obvious that her foster granny and grandpa had been talking about our photo album we'd sent, because she was saying some of the names.

She is an absolutely adorable FIRECRACKER!! There is little doubt who was in charge at her foster home. She is quite independent. Poor Elli tried to show her many times how to play certain games on the iPod, but she'd push Elli's hand away and keep pushing buttons until she figured it out. It is unbelievable how much she knows about electronic devices. She actually taught me how to play some game where you cut fruit (no kidding- she grabbed my finger and started showing me how I was supposed to slice that fruit). She's taken a million pictures, and Virgil has already had to start hiding his phone. If we aren't careful she'll have bought a small island online before we get home - lol!

So far no tears. She's given us numerous hugs without us even asking. She's laughing and playing and acting like she's been with us for years. I realize we'll probably catch the meltdown at some point, but so far she's been very happy. She is sleeping sweetly beside Elli as I type and I'm praying we all sleep well.

It is late and we have an early day tomorrow to finish paperwork, so I'll write more later tomorrow.
To all those who are praying for us - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. MeiMei is so cute! Wonderful that her foster family prepared her and that she used the photo album. Sure makes the transition easier.

    ReplyDelete