Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

We're on Our Way to China!!!

We've checked in our luggage and are waiting to board. All the months of waiting, planning, praying, preparing, and waiting some more are over. It seems surreal right this moment. It is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that soon they will be in our arms. Soon, two more daughters will call me mama.
Leaving the girls was hard. Ximi just sobbed. They were all pretty upset that we were saying goodbye. 24 days is a long time to be away, but even as I type this I can't help but think of the birth moms, who so many years ago, said goodbye forever to their daughters. All our daughters have health needs, so I believe their moms did what they thought was best for them. They left them somewhere that they'd be found, and hopefully cared for. I wish I could tell their moms that they are loved beyond anything I can explain. They are cherished daughters and we are blessed to call them ours.
Please pray for Erin and Meimei. Leaving all they know will be hard for them. Pray also for our girls waiting at home for us to return.

1 comment:

  1. Praying, and knowing to a certain extent what you're feeling! We visited our Haitian daughters this summer and left our girls at home for several weeks. So so hard for our youngest. And I think about how much I miss my new girls, and can't help but think of their birth mom who had to say goodbye once and for all. My goodbye has a lot of hellos in the future.
    I am so excited you all are finally at this point in your journey. It's going to be quite a while before our final trip to get our girls, several trips to come in between the first and last. We love you guys and are praying for the new normal!

    ReplyDelete