Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Nini and Ximi- First Day of School


                                              
 I wasn’t anticipating the tears that came with the first day of school.
Nini and Ximi started first grade today. They have been homeschooling since they came home from China, so today was a big deal. They attended first grade camp a few days the past week, and were so excited that they talked about school continuously. When it was time for them to get on the bus, it wasn’t Nini or Ximi who had the tears. As a matter of fact, I’m not sure they even really said goodbye to us. Their focus was on their seat on the bus. The tears were from a 50 year old woman who knows that time moves swiftly. I thought I’d be a bit more excited than I was, but instead it signaled another tick on the clock of life that moves more quickly the older I get. Having a 30 year old son, I know how fast they grow up. I know I will turn around and we will be planning graduation. More than once I’ve told our kids who now have little ones of their own to savor the moments. Yes, even the fussy, cranky times when they are driving us crazy. It is but a breath that we hold them in our arms (and yes, I know that when we are in the middle of a full blown meltdown it feels more like an eternity!!).

So, in our ever changing ‘normal’, we now have Xiaoyun, our sophomore at the local high school; Elli taking academic classes with other homeschoolers; Enya, homeschooling; Nini and Ximi, 1st grade in public school. Soon Erin and Meimei will be coming home, and our ‘normal’ will once again shift. More updates on that soon!!

BTW- When we went to open house, I’m sure it was just my imagination, but almost all the other parents looked quite a bit younger than us J

No comments:

Post a Comment