Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 31, 2015

Erin Quinglian is ours!!!

Months of paperwork and praying came down to a few strokes of a pen. Erin Qinglian is ours!! Papers were signed today- we skipped the Harmonious Period (the 24 hour period that you normally have before you sign- not that we needed time to decide anyway) because there is a holiday this week which shuts down business, so they are pushing it through to be done before we leave on Saturday.
Erin is absolutely beautiful!! She knows much more English than we anticipated (thanks to great volunteers- like Jessie from Illinois and Anna from Spain), and she is spelling many of the words!!! She LOVES music and has been singing Oh My Darlin' all day. She has also been singing "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart" .  We've got joy too- knowing we now have another daughter, and that she now has a family. Since I am pretty clueless about raising a blind child, I am still trying to figure out what she needs help with, and also how best to help her. It's been trickier since we are in a strange place for us all.
We went to the Civil Affairs Office, then to get photos needed for
paperwork, and then on to the orphanage. We met her teacher from when she lived there (it's been more than 4 years since she left there to go to Bethel in Beijing), and also her music teacher. Erin sat down and played a couple of songs on the piano for us.

Before I go further- We got to meet some of the children in the orphanage. They were all so precious. One little guy in a wheelchair - probably 4-5 years old- reached out and grabbed me, pulled my face right over to his and didn't let go. I can NEVER explain how hard it is to see these children and know that for most, they will sit there year after year, waiting for the one thing they will probably never have - family. It breaks my heart, and I want to encourage each person reading this to pray and consider whether or not God is calling you to adopt or care for the orphan in some way. There are millions of children who need someone to love them.

We ended a long day with another trip to the Civil Affairs Office and the supermarket. Since our flight was delayed and it was after 1 this morning before we got to the room, we are pretty exhausted. The girls have both already gone to sleep and I am soon to head that way myself.
To all those who have been following our journey and praying for us- THANK YOU!! It is exciting to see how God is working.

1 comment:

  1. God is soooo good! Excited back here in Ky!!! Prayin too!

    ReplyDelete