Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tears for Xiaoshui and all those that wait



I held my granddaughter and cried last night.

 I have found out that Xiaoshui no longer has a family coming to get her. It has broken my heart. We have been praying for her for a while now.

As I looked down at my grandbaby, I shed tears for Xiao, and tears for all the other children out there who wait.

 I shed tears of sadness because Xiao will crawl on the floor and drag that leg around for the rest of her life- unless someone steps forward to open their hearts and home to her.

I shed tears for the millions of other little ones who are suffering and alone around the world.

I shed tears because it isn’t possible for us to bring her home.

I shed tears of frustration that there aren’t more that are saying yes to adoption and orphan care. (And yes, I realize that not all are called to adopt, but I also know that there are many more that should/ could that haven’t)

I shed tears because every child should be held and rocked and cared for and LOVED like the little one I was holding in my arms.

I told Virgil that I wish this concern were precious oil that I could rub on my hands, and as I went about my day, I could touch the hands of those I pass by and they would feel it too.

 Not just feel it, but    DO     SOMETHING      ABOUT          IT.

 That the sweet fragrance of this oil would permeate hearts and move people to action.

That people would no longer just be satisfied with “safe”.

They would step out of their comfort zones.

That they would discover love like they have never seen before – the love of a child who has waited years to have a mom and dad, and family to love. It too, is a precious oil that should be shared.

I have posted before about Xiao. Please look at that post.  (September 2013)  Pass it on. I’ve been told there is a doctor in Baltimore who specializes in repairing the type of leg Xiao has.

1 comment:

  1. I pray all the time that G-d will move my husband's heart to adoption.....

    ReplyDelete