Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vegetable soup and Lalaloopsy=LOVE

At first glance, neither soup or a doll would have anything to do with love. But our girls teach us much about love everyday, and these are just two of many, many examples.
Most of my family lives in Alabama, and the girls love going to visit. (I am blessed that my maternal grandparents and parents are still living.) My grandmother fixes me vegetable soup almost every time we go, and I really enjoy it. Xiaoyun, however, is NOT a veggie soup lover, so I was a little surprised when we were dipping up the bowls, that she said she wanted one. (We had other food there because I knew she didn't like it). She proceeded to eat not one, but THREE bowls of the soup. I assumed that she had tried it to be polite, and ended up liking it a lot. Not until we were heading back to Kentucky, did I find out the truth. I mentioned the soup to her (preparing to tease her about the fact her taste buds were changing), and she told me she still didn't like the soup. When I asked her why she'd eaten so much of something she didn't like, she said, "Mamaw made the soup for us, and after I ate the first bowl, I could tell it made her happy, so I kept eating." How many teenagers are going to eat something they don't like because they love their grandmother so much they don't want to make them feel bad? Maybe one bowl, but three? Not many I'm guessing.
The other example is Virgil's 'Pearl' (his nickname for Enya, after the scripture that talks about the pearl of great price). Enya had surgery today (another lip revision), and one of the nurses asked her what was her favorite Christmas present. She said it was Lalaloopsy. Emily had gotten her the Lalaloopsy doll for Christmas and two days later we went to Alabama (where our son, daughter-in-law, and our granddaughter Zeza also live) Zeza is 4 yrs old and really loved playing with her 'China babies' as she calls the girls. When we were loading up the car to head back to home, Enya handed her doll to Zeza. Zak and Mandy tried to give it back to her, but she insisted that she wanted Zeza to have it. Again, how many kids would give up their favorite Christmas present just days after getting it?
Loving and generous girls. What a blessing they all are!!!!!!

BTW- Enya's surgery went well. The hard part will be keeping her still for a couple weeks, until those stitches come out ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment