Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ready for the Journey Home!

Today marked our last step in bringing our daughters home. We had our consulate appointment, and stood up with several other families to recite an oath. Our girls will become US citizens upon landing in Newark on Thursday. As with the other families we’ve met - in Harbin, Nanchang, here in Guangzhou, at the medical clinic- those we met at the consulate are an encouragement and inspiration to me. I have met families adopting babies, and teenagers, and all ages in between. Families whose children are missing limbs, a beautiful down syndrome little toddler, cleft lip/palate girls and boys, and other medical needs I can’t begin to understand. I’ve met parents in their thirties, and those, like us, who are grandparents. I’ve met first time parents and those who have 9 children. The true ‘special need’ I see in all, and the one I see families providing, is the need for love. It has been a mighty thing to behold

We went to Shamian Island again today. A big storm yesterday cooled things down slightly, and it’s a pretty place to visit. We’ll celebrate our last night in Guangzhou by going to dinner with John, our guide and friend. While we will miss his smiling face, we are so very ready to get home!!!! I miss my kids, my family, my friends. (Xiaoyun misses Sammi, her puppy;-) )  I begin the daunting task of packing this afternoon, evening, and tomorrow morning. John picks up the girls' passports/visas at 1:30 and we’ll be on our way to Hong Kong hopefully by 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. So glad we changed our plans and decided to take a van to Hong Kong verses the train. We talked to another couple who took the train coming into China, and they are also taking a van as they leave, because of all the luggage, and boisterous kids.

Since I’m not sure I’ll have another chance to post before we leave, I want to say thank you to all who have made this trip easier for us. From our niece who let us take over her apartment the night before our flight to China, and who picks us up at the airport (and her dear friend who took us to dinner to celebrate Xiaoyun’s 16th birthday) - to Josh and Leyah and their girls for entertaining us in Beijing- to Shirley, Helen, John, and all those here in China who’ve gone out of their way to make it easier for us- to Betty and all the staff of FTIA (our adoption agency) for walking us through this process each time- Thank you!!
I want to say a special thank you to our family and friends who have supported us emotionally and  financially- who have taken care of Elli and LiLi as they would their own (I can never thank them enough for peace of mind, knowing the girls were loved and well cared for)- who’ve mowed our lawn- taken care of Xiaoyun’s puppy- sent us scripture verses and a prayer for each day- who’ve faithfully followed our trip with prayer and encouragement. They have supported us from the very beginning of our adoption process, and once NiNi and Ximi are home, I know they will love them and welcome them unconditionally. 

What a special gift from God each one of you is to us!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys - we love you back - and may you have nothing but fair winds and following seas on your journey home!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete