Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Praise for Eva!

Eva should be able to keep the eyesight she has!! The doctor has ordered a test that will be done at the children's hospital, which will measure the pressure, and if all is well with that, then she will just be monitored for now. When he started telling me that, I started crying, and asked him to wait a few minutes for me to regain my composure so I could hear all he was saying. I was so grateful to know she would continue to be able to see. Though there's probably nothing that can be done to ever make her see better, just having some vision is a praise!! We began the adoption prepared for her to be blind when she came home, and it is such a gift to hear the doctor say "I plan on her being able to see until she's 95, but after that I can't give any guarantees" (he had a good sense of humor). He did say when she gets little older, she may want to learn Braille, and perhaps get a cane so she can better maneuver stairs, etc. But all that can wait. She is far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other. She looks out of the corner of her eye because it helps control the movement of the eyes caused by the nystagmus. The glasses do help her see better, though at this point not sure exactly how much. A big 'Thank you!!!' to all who have been praying for Eva! Blessings, Cindy

1 comment:

  1. HOORAH - wonderful stuff - and 95 is good!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete