Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 23, 2013

More about our Sightseeing Yesterday

What a day! The sun was shining, the temperature just right, and NiNi enjoyed every minute of it (and so did we)!
 We began the day by going to the Tiger Park. It is home to the largest amount of big cats in one sanctuary. We road in a wire-enclosed bus, and Xiaoyun pointed out that we were in the cage and the tigers roamed free ;-) . I must say I felt a bit like I was in the movie ‘Jurassic Park’ – LOL. The tigers, lions and other felines were quite the sight to see.
Once we left there we went to visit the Saint Sophia Cathedral. The architecture is Russian (Heilongjiang province borders Russia), and was a beautiful old building to tour. No matter where we go, NiNi is content and takes it all in. We finished our sightseeing with a boat tour that took us to a small island in the middle of the river (our hotel sits next to a main river that runs through town). It had many weeping willows and lilac bushes (lilac bushes are profuse here and fill the air with their fragrance), and was a very pretty place to walk around.
We ate supper at a restaurant that Shirley had found. Each table is in its own private room, and the amount of food they brought us would have fed two other families. Shirley and Xiaoyun chose the dishes and did a great job picking things even I would eat ;-) . When the bill came, it was even cheaper than McDonald’s. We ended the day with frozen yogurt, hugs and kisses, and NiNi snuggling with Xiaoyun and falling asleep. A great day all around!

1 comment:

  1. My son and I did the tiger safari in Harbin, and I can picture the river, too. Harbin is a beautiful place with great food. But then again I've been known to eat just about anything. I think I gained 5 lbs.eating in the twelve days we were there! Too bad neither of us got to see the ice sculptures! ...can't wait to see pics of Eva and know that she is well!!!

    ReplyDelete