Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Eva Ximi Willoughby!

Miss Eva Ximi is now a Willoughby! We had the morning to get unpacked and settled, before XiMi arrived. She was brought to our room at 3:05 by the assistant director in charge of (I believe) overseeing the smaller ones at the orphanage. She was not in a foster home, but in a foster setting in the orphanage, sponsored by Holt International. The assistant director didn't feel that Ximi's eyes were getting worse, and felt she sees better than she used to. Her nystagmus is very pronounced, but she gets around well. She hasn't cried yet, but I'm sure that will happen before long. She came right into my arms and gave me a hug, and Virgil, too. She's been very quiet, but we're told that once she warms up, she's very talkative. She's quick to smile and very inquisitive. She checked out every inch of the room. NiNi didn't know what to think about sharing attention (or toys, or food!), and took a while to warm up to Ximi, but Ximi was friendly to her right away. After Xiaoyun talked to NiNi, and Virgil and I bragged on Ximi's sharing, NiNi started doing the same. As I type NiNi is sitting in her crib feeding Ximi some little cookies through the slats. They've both been carrying around their backpacks, and when one has to go potty, so does the other. I tried to bribe Xiaoyun with 50 yuan a day (about $8) to just do potty duty, and she refused ;-0 .
It is obvious people are praying. We appreciate it so much!!!! Tomorrow will be a busy day of paperwork, but will bring us one day closer to getting home and introducing these sweeties to their family! Blessings, Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love seeing these children we advocated for with their families and doing so well! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete