Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Celebrating Birthdays

Very early this morning, 28 years ago, a beautiful baby boy was laid into my arms. I was 20 years old, and didn't have a clue what being a mother was. I've teased Zeb (and Zak who came along 17 months later) that they were my guinea pigs. We lived far from family (military), so we didn't have that support system. Though I made many mistakes (and still do!), one thing to me was very clear- I loved being a mother!!!!! Having children's laughter ringing in my ears is something more precious than anything money can buy. We celebrated Zeb's birthday with him and our daughter-in-law, Dana, tonight. Every year, at some point on their birthday, I reminisce with them about the day they were born (occasionally one of them might try to get out of hearing 'The Story', but I never let them off the hook). As the girls and I prepared supper for the evening, I told them about Zeb's birth, and a few stories about when he and Zak were little. While we were sitting at the table, I started telling 'The Story', and once I finished, LiLi says 'Mama, now tell them about me!' She wanted me to tell about her Gotcha Day - her 'birthday' so to speak. I could have cried, it was so sweet, and yet, at the same time, heart breaking.
We celebrated LiLi's birthday two weeks ago, surrounded by family and friends. She loved every second of it! Though I may not be able to share with her the moment of her birth, I can share with her the moment we fell in love with a tiny photo of a little girl who wanted a Baba and a Mama and the moment of her 'birth' into our family. How grateful I am to continue to hear laughter in our home - from our 28 year old to our 9 year olds to our granddaughter,  and soon our 5 year olds!!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Cindy - great to have "traditions"!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete