Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Real Mama


Tonight after prayers, I went back into the girl's room to take Xiaoyun a heating pad. Once I got it adjusted, she put her arms around me, pulled me down to whisper in my ear, and started telling me what she was thankful for - me taking care of her, bringing her the heating pad, homeschooling her, playing with her family, sitting outside on the deck, going down to the country last fall to meet her baba's extended family (some of which I'd never met either), the visit Easter weekend we had with Zak, Mandy and Zeza, Zeb and Dana- a precious weekend where we all were together for 2 days (Zak, Mandy, and Zeza live in Minnesota), and  thankful she had a baba and a mama.

And then she said the most precious of things. Words that will forever be etched on my heart. 

"I've wondered about my real mama many times, and now I know my real mama is you. I will love you forever and ever and am so happy you are my mama."

What a gift to hear those words!

I am making one more plea for Naomi. The time is short.
Naomi may never be able to whisper those words in her mama's ear. She may never feel the strong arms of a baba who loves and protects her. She may never play outside with brothers and sisters who share the closest of bonds - a family. She may. however, continue to have problems breathing, and as she ages, her lungs will become even more compressed. Eventually her heart wall will start to thicken because of that lack of oxygen. One day she may go into cardiac arrest, having never known the love of a family, Nor had the surgery she so desperately needs. I realize older children adoption is harder, and that there will be a time commitment for the surgeries she will need. But still, Xiaoyun and I pray each night for a miracle for Naomi. Xiaoyun has broke down sobbing for Naomi and what she doesn't have and how difficult her life will be.
So today. will you ask God if she is meant to be your daughter - your  'real daughter'?

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful. It would have been cool if we had known when you were in MN as we live in MN. It would have been cool to get our girls from guiyang orphanage together. Good luck with the upcoming surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Praying for Naomi to find her family in time! Thank you to you and Xiaoyun for advocating so hard for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a moving post! Thanking God for Xiaoyun and her heart of gold...and praying for a family to come forward for sweet Naomi!

    Karin and JunFen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post!

    Please, someone open your heart to Naomi! If you are looking for a second child, or a first, look no more. I've learned something profound from my daughter's adoption. When you love your child, you are strengthened beyond your wildest expectations. A serious special need doesn't look so serious any more and your heart, mind and soul open right up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless your precious child Cindy! What a heart the Lord has given her and bless you for seeing that in her and answering His call to you! WOW! Sweet Naomi is in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete