Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on Xiaoyun/ 47 years of blessings

Before I begin to ramble ;-)  - Xiaoyun is doing very well. She is off the heavy duty pain meds, though she still needs pain medicine daily and muscle relaxers occasionally. She caused me and Virgil to yell 'Xiaoyun!" in unison, last night. We were standing in the same room she was laying in, but not in her line of vision. She says " Hey look at me!" We both turned and yelled because she had twisted around and was propping herself up on her elbows looking at us. Scared us both! She can't even sit up yet without the brace, much less twisting her neck around and then her body. She took us by surprise, but I think our reaction caught her even more by surprise ;-) !!!!! I explained to her (again) how delicate those vertebrae are right now, and the concern that those hooks will pull away from the vertebrae (which would be very ugly indeed!). She knew she wasn't supposed to sit up without the brace, but I never thought to tell her not to contort her body :-) . She did go and sit outside for a while yesterday and soaked up some sunshine, which was good for her. I told Virgil the other day how incredible it is that she hasn't whined or complained about being confined to the couch/ bed or the brace. She continues to amaze me!

Now to the rambling:
Today I celebrate 47 years on this earth. When I look at my life, I can't help but think of what King David said : " Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house, that you have brought me this far?" (2 Samuel 7:18). By God's grace, I listened to two little pig-tailed girls laughing and chattering non-stop in the back yard all afternoon yesterday, heard Xiaoyun whispering in the other room to Elli and LiLi to 'make Mama her birthday cards", received a phone call from my 25 yr old son, Zak, who was calling to say hi and let my beautiful 2 yr old granddaughter say " I love you Nannie! (her version of nana), sung Happy Birthday to You! with my 84 yr old grandmother, who's birthday is 3 days apart from mine, enjoyed a conversation with  my 19 yr old, who still enjoys being home and being around family, and at around 3 am heard the love of my life sing Happy Birthday to me. I was able to talk with my mom for a while this morning, received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Zak, Mandy and Zeza, the girls made me an awesome cake, Virgil picked up supper, and Zeb and Dana gave me a sweet card and gifts.Throughout the day I have visited with family, was given a wonderful video my niece made with pics of the family, and had phone calls from family and friends both near and far telling me they love me and happy birthday. Truly I am BLESSED. I've said before, my desire in life was to be a wife and mother, and God has granted me my heart's desire, and He's done it far beyond my wildest imagination!  What more could anyone ask for on their birthday?

3 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday Cindy!! 47, huh, you'll never catch up to me!! Hope you had all you wanted and more!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you....it is amazing how fast the kids feel "back to themselves"

    ReplyDelete