Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, February 11, 2012

What a difference a year makes!

Today marks a year since I first saw an email that began " Urgent plea for 13 yr old" . A year since I looked at a picture of a girl who was dangerously close to being a forever orphan. Judged in her country by the fact she had scoliosis and no family. A difficult place to be. When I saw her file it scared me. I wasn't looking to adopt two children at the same time, and never had any intention of adopting a teenager. However, for reasons I couldn't explain at the time, here is the email I sent to Annie, the one who was advocating for Xiaoyun

"I don't know why I'm even asking, except that it breaks my heart to see this girl who has suffered so much. Our dossier isn't even in China yet (will be sent next week), so I know, short of a miracle there would be no way we could be paper ready for another one by the time she ages out. We are already locked in for a 7 yr old (we adopted our first China princess last May). Also, unless finances changed I don't see how in the world we could afford this. However, having said all that, could you at least give me the list number she is on so I can look at her file? Thank you for advocating for these precious children! Cindy"

By the time Virgil got home from work, I was an emotional wreck. I asked him to sit down and not say anything until I'd told him everything I knew. He listened to me and said " I guess we need to contact our agency and see if we can adopt her".

The rest, as they say, is history- a miracle really. 'His' story, of moving mountains, miracle after miracle, to bring home Xiaoyun and Enya only 10 weeks after we first saw the plea for Xiaoyun. He put people in our path to help walk us through the process of adopting quickly, adopting an older child, and those familiar with scoliosis (of which I knew nothing). God opened the 'floodgates of Heaven' and provided finances, without our even asking anyone else. Money was even sent by complete strangers!!!!
I spoke with a lady the other day and was telling her, " If I had to put it down on paper, or even explain it, I couldn't. We've adopted 3 children in a year. I'm a stay at home mom, and we aren't 'well off' by US standards. Yet, if you looked at our finances, you'd never know we've adopted three children. Truly God's provision!
This year has been hectic, chaotic, filled with doctor's appointments, 2 surgeries for Enya, and 4 for Xiaoyun, adjustments, and days of feeling overwhelmed.
It has also been filled with laughter, little feet running through the house, hugs, kisses, 'I love you's!!!', hide and seek, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! I wouldn't trade my wonderful, crazy life for anything!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing testimony! Thanks for taking the leap of faith for your girls!

    Karin F

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a faithful servant Cindy. The Lord spoke to your heart about sweet Xiaoyun, you heard and answered!!!! God bless Cindy. Give that precious child a hug from me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy. Thank you for this post. A blog friend of mine left a comment on my blog about your blog and about Xiaoyun. We are in the process of adopting a thirteen year old girl from China. Our dossier is about to be sent off next week. We have been approved for two children, but I have to be honest, I am still praying above the faith to commit to two because we are still praying in the funds for one.
    I would like to do a post about how God has provided for so many families and link to this post on my blog. Your faith is a blessing, and I pray that I and others will have the faith to trust God for things beyond our ability alone.
    God bless you and your sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane!Please feel free to share our blog with anyone who'd be interested! God bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete