Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Xiaoyun is resting well right now. This morning she was in quite a bit of pain, so they decided not to get her up or do the chest x-ray (since it is a standing x-ray). All that will happen in the morning, so hopefully she'll get a good rest tonight. Her blood pressure has been low, so they are backing off her pain medicine some. She's also running a 101.5 fever, that they're keeping an eye on. They feel once she gets moving tomorrow, that will go away. She did talk with me a bit (though she can only whisper right now) and we opened get well cards from all around the country. Those did bring a tiny smile to her face. She's back up to 7 pounds of traction and that will increase by a pound every 4 hours. If she isn't eating by tomorrow they will have to start some IV nutrition through her PICC line. She had some more nausea earlier today, but none this afternoon, so hopefully that is passing.
Virgil and I continue to rotate nights home with the girls (except the night prior to surgery when we both stayed up here). I can't begin to tell you how hard it is being an hour away from Xiaoyun when I'm with the other girls, or being away from the other ones when I'm up here at the hospital. It breaks my heart to have to say goodbye to my girls everyday. I'm so thankful for family and friends who take such good care of the girls while I'm away, but still it is hard. My heart goes out to those families who deal with long term health issues with their children. While the hello kisses are so sweet, those goodbye kisses just about do me in. I'm so grateful that we already have two of the surgeries behind us and that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I'm even more grateful God is carrying each of us through this and doing it in such a mighty way! He continues to work miracles!!!!! Continued thanks for all your prayers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment