Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 27, 2012

Thought it best to post now, because once I switch with Virgil and get home, I'm pretty sure I'm going to crash. They came in to check to make sure brace was a good fit, and Xiaoyun got very unhappy very quickly. He ended up not even trying the back part on, since he knew he needed adjustments on the front. One of Xiaoyun's doctors came in in the midst of all this, and changed her orders to give her another days rest before putting on brace and starting therapy. She was relieved and so was I! I must say, this is the worst mood she's been in since getting here that I can remember. She hasn't been friendly with anyone who's come through and hasn't wanted to talk or even let them do blood pressure. I think she's had enough and being in a noisier environment just makes it worse. I completely understand because even I, who's just fine, am weary and uncomfortable. So many surgeries in such a short time Please pray for strength for her and a restful night sleep for her and Virgil (who she keeps asking for over and over). He'll be here soon and that might cheer her up.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! My daughter and I sent Xiaoyun a package this week. Ellie picked out what's in it so it might be a bit "young" for her. I hope she enjoys it anyway. We don't know you but are thinking and praying for you each day.
    Pam H. in Evansville, In

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) This actually made me smile a little. My daughter had the same reaction after her surgery. She didn't want anything to do with anyone who looked like they might be coming in to touch her, examine her--or take her blood pressure. She would look right at them and tell them to go away! It was stressful at the time, but thankfully I can smile about it now. Surgery is so very hard on them, and I am amazed at how well children are able to get back to themselves despite the hardship they endure.

    ReplyDelete