Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thanks for those prayers!!

Sorry I didn't post last night. By the time I got home from the hospital and put Elli and Enya to bed, I had reached my limit and went to bed myself. Xiaoyun did get up twice yesterday - not by choice. She begged and cried to not be moved, which is difficult for a Mama who knows it has to be done. The second time she was up, she walked a few steps (with a lot of assistance) to have her standing xray done. Once we left there, we were able to go straight to the new floor (YEAH! The people in PICU are great, but it is a busy, noisy place, which makes it difficult for her to rest). It was a productive day - drain tube removed, dressing changed, sponge bath and teeth brushed, stood up twice, and moved rooms. Needless to say, by the time Virgil got there last night and I left, she had spiraled into crying and was not able to get comfortable. She was up to 13 pounds of traction before I left last night, so I'm guessing we are now at 15 pounds. Virgil said she (they) had a long night and the pain really kept her agitated. She did finally eat some jello yesterday afternoon, but I fully expected the feeding tube to be put in this morning. About 2 am, however, Virgil had a talk with her and told her if she didn't start eating what would happen. She asked "What's a feeding tube?". He told her and immediately she said she wanted some chips ;-). Since then she's eaten chips, part of breakfast, and I believe another jello. She also ordered stir fry for lunch. The doctors said this morning they want her up in her chair twice a day and walking a little today. I'll post more this evening!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that hear that she is eating more now, but sad to hear how much pain she is in. I'm praying for her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for stir-fry and chips - hoping Xiaoyun keeps requesting them! Our love and prayers are with you all!
    Karin, Jerry and JunFen

    ReplyDelete