Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Perspective

I'll start by saying that last night around 11pm they had a room become available, so we are now back out of PICU. So thankful to be back in a room, however, yesterday things were put into a little better perspective for me. In the bed beside Xiaoyun on PICU was a little 4 yr old boy. While I've been whining about being in the PICU for a few days, I found out he has been in PICU for over 2 MONTHS!!!! He needs a lung transplant and won't be able to go home until insurance approves the transplant, gets on the donor list, then flies to St. Louis to have the transplant done. I can't imagine how difficult this is for his parents. They also have 2 other little ones and live in the same town as us - an hour away. His mom said that at first they had a lot of support, but as time goes by, support dwindles. I asked her if I could post his name so you all could remember him in your prayers. His name is Tre (pronounced like Trey), and is hooked up to so many machines that is breaks your heart. It was a good reminder to me about how much so many are suffering and how much I have to be thankful for!!!!

Xiaoyun got the brace on and got up out of bed this afternoon! She also got the drain tube removed, as well as the Foley, and the bandages on her back. They took her off the pain pump, and though she still has the PICC in, it is not being used except when they need to give her medicine. She walked a few steps (not willingly) for the first time in a week and a half. Unfortunately, the brace didn't fit quite right and rubbed her neck, which made her think it was choking her. They went ahead and took it off and had the orthotics department come in and adjust it again. Thankfully, he happened to be just down the street and was able to come and adjust it quickly. Getting up made her nauseous and wore her out. Some Zophran (?) and a nap is where we are at this point. We are so much closer to going home now!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Tre! and Xiaoyun! Blessings as walks and adjust to the brace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about Tre. I will pray for him and his family. I can really sympathize with them and I'm very sorry that their support has dwindled while their burden increases.

    Would you like to advocate for a little girl who will age out in the fall who is post-op congenital scoliosis. I imagine you have a lot of followers right now and this little girl is on Heartsent's list.

    It's a relief to know that your daughter is finally in a room and out of the PICU. She's done so well all this time that I'm sure a little melting down is in order. What teen wants to wear a brace anyway, especially one up to her neck? On top of still being in pain!

    ReplyDelete