Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 2

I came home last night and Virgil stayed with Xiaoyun. After I left, Xiaoyun started running a fever, but thankfully it is now gone. The update I just received was that she did fairly well through the night. They actually got a solid two hours sleep from 4-6 am. She tried to eat a bite of breakfast, but said that chewing hurt her head (because of halo). Jello seems to be her only food at this point. Hopefully she can get up moving more today and get a bit more adjusted to her new 'crown'.

*The reason I came home (actually two reasons) would be Elli and Enya. we decided to try to give them as much normalcy as possible while their sister is an hour away in a hospital for 6 weeks. Since both of the girls are still in that attachment/ bonding stage, we felt it best to at least have a part of their normal routine everyday. I will say, however, leaving the hospital last night was SO difficult, and had Virgil not been pushing me out the door I'm not sure I could have left. Elli and Enya have been so sweet, and I've heard them stop and pray with each other several times for their 'Xiaoyun jiejie (big sister)'.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear good news about Xiaoyun's surgery. She's in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following you on facebook and other people blogs. You daughter has been such an strong person. I will pray that these 6 weeks go by fast for all of you and that she will be very successful with all her surgeries.

    ReplyDelete