Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, January 27, 2012

And We Wait

What  we hoped would happen last night now probably won't even happen today - there are no rooms, and I know there are at least 10 kids in the ER waiting for a room, so we're now hoping to have a room by tomorrow. The surgeon came in and looked at the incision area. It is dry as a bone, so all is well there. She still has a drain tube in and they want to leave that until tomorrow. The surgeon brought me the leftover instrumentation from her rods. I'll post a picture of these once we have the camera fixed (stopped working yesterday). The rods are smaller than I had thought they would be. I believe we will be having them made into some jewelry at some point after we get home. The side incision site from last week is looking great. I can't believe how well her little body is healing after each incision! Later today, after she gets her brace, physical therapy and occupational therapy will come and help her get out of bed. We'd love extra prayers for today, since rolling over on her side hurts, much less trying to sit up and then stand. I'm sure the brace will also be painful since the drain tube is still in, and the incision site is very tender.

1 comment:

  1. I just mailed a manila envelope first class from Las Vegas to Kosair's. I would like to think it will get there Monday but it could be Tuesday. I hope you have a room by then, if that little miracle of a teenager doesn't first get a ticket out of the place and home!! What a precious and strong girl she is!!
    Keeping her in prayer and her family!

    Carolyn (in Las Vegas)
    Mother to Joy Lin LuShen b.5/2/96 a.9/23/97 Hefei, Anhui, PRC

    ReplyDelete