Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, January 30, 2012

Almost HOME!!!!!!

Doesn't that luggage in the background look fantastic!!!!!!This morning, one of the surgeons came in and I asked what had to happen before we could go home. Basically we had done them all, so tomorrow we will all be together again!!! They will send her home with the medicine she is now taking (so glad we had gotten off the pain pump already), and will order some home therapy with a PT/OT. She won't be allowed to take a real bath for 3 more weeks, simply because the brace needs to be on anytime she is sitting or standing. At this point her back is still too unstable to be without it even for a short time. She is a little apprehensive about coming home, because she believes we won't be able to control her pain, but after talking a lot about it, I think she's getting more excited. The drive home is another matter, and I will talk to the nurses in the morning about what we can give her that will make the hour drive as easy as possible. She hates the brace and having it on that length of time is going to be a challenge. The brace shop didn't come by today like they were supposed to (not very happy about that), so the nurses said they'll start calling first thing in the morning to get them moving. Xiaoyun's brace had several areas that are too tight and are rubbing, causing a lot of pain.
We did have a treat today - Andrea came back again and gave us both another massage. It really helped Xiaoyun's neck, as well as mine ;-) . So sweet of her to come again and do that.
Xiaoyun and I had a long night, so I'll post more later!

3 comments:

  1. Certainly hope that you get to go home!! Still - while I "get" the desire - just make sure that you're ready - it will make the transition way easier if you are!

    You and a strong and amazing young lady on your hands - if I may be so bold - We're so proud of her - and you guys too!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's in any way an option for you but after my mom had major back surgery she was ready to handle all things about being home except the 30 minutes ride home in the brace and sitting up. They were able to use an ambulance to transport her home. I think it was some kind of medical taxi. That way she was able to lay down all the way there. It was still a rough ride from all the bumps and movement but better then sitting for that amount of time in the car in her brace.

    I am so excited that Xiaoyun is doing so well and you will all be going home soon. For my mom everything was better once we got her home. So much more peace and rest for everyone.

    -Jen-

    P.S. I have a website where I sell the crochet hats I make. I would love to make one as a gift for Xiaoyun. If you or she would like to pick what she would like and let me know I will send it out later this week. My website is www.sternerstitches.com there is an "e-mail me" button in the right sidebar of the site. Just use that to let me know what she would like and were to send it. Any of the hats can be made in any size and pretty much any color. I know you will be very busy so don't feel rushed. Anytime you email me will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cindy & Xiaoyun!
    It was so nice meeting you last Friday and I am hoping to come over today to say "Farewel!!" How exciting to be going home earlier than expected. :) I have to say you were such a beauty even when I met you on a day when it was hard to smile... so I cant wait to see your gorgeous face smiling today!!

    Blessings,
    Julie Torzewski
    Children's Hospital Foundation

    ReplyDelete