Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughts from a Mama's heart

This morning I realized I had neglected the plants around the fish pond and set about pulling the weeds. Enya Li, my early bird, immediately started helping me. She sang, laughed or talked the entire time. As we pulled weeds, she came to a clump of clover and said “Ooh, beautiful!” She picked the clover, and instead of putting it in the pile with the other weeds, she said “Lili de” meaning they were now her’s. As we continued to pull the weeds, I listened to her humming and thought about what a joyful child she is. Everything is like Christmas to her. She appreciates every little thing given to her, and is always quick to say “Thank you, Mama” even if I’m only washing off her hands or giving her a glass of water. To be blessed with the opportunity to see life through the eyes of someone who has never had anything of her own, who has lived in an orphanage all her life, who has done without so many things we call ‘necessities’, is a gift for me. She has given me an appreciation for things I never stopped to consider before. I remember last year, when we brought Elli home, becoming more aware of what I take for granted, but Enya has deepened that awareness. Every night I say her prayers, and when we come to the end she always says ‘amen’ with me. Then she wraps her arms around me and pulls me down and gives me a huge kiss and hug. And every night, as she embraces me, I think what a miracle this is – that a little girl who, for years, had neither father nor mother, is now part of a large family who loves her very much. Today, as we pulled those weeds, I thought of how some consider her (and other orphans) just ‘weeds’. The first picture we saw of Enya was shortly after her surgery for cleft lip. Her face was swollen and it made the ptosis of her right eye even more pronounced. Her file had been on the Waiting Children’s list for several years and had not been updated. When we looked at her picture we knew she was the one who needed us – the child whose file people kept passing over. Their loss has been our gain. Those people fail to see the beauty that is waiting there – waiting to be ‘picked’. Waiting for someone to pick them up and say ‘Ooh, beautiful!’ Waiting to blossom before the eyes of those who will shower them with love.
I pray God helps me to see others as He sees them - 'man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart' 1 Samuel 16:7b

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...you are precious. What an incredible gift you have been given with those little girls...the rest of your family, too! You have given me tears tonight.
    My husband and I are working toward adoption right now. We thought we were going to be placed with two little ones from Ethiopia who were now in the States, but the Lord had other, better plans for them. (I guess, I'm still a little bit broken hearted.) We are not sure where our child will come from. Possibly the U.S. Foster system or maybe Uganda.
    Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Beth. This has brought tears to my eyes. Tears of Joy, for these wonderful Children, Blessings from God. May His Blessings be always upon you and all your family. The world is full of these little ones that need Baba & Mama, just like Xiaoyun explained. Thank You and Her for sharing that with us. . . . .PapaG

    ReplyDelete