Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today we went o visit the orphanage in Guiyang. We were not allowed to take photos, except for being given special permission for these two little fellas. They are both on the list to be adopted. The one on the right (we'll call him Luke) is 9 years old and the one on the left (James) is 11. I'm not sure what their special need is besides problems walking. I wasn't given any information about either. But, watching them walk I believe they both have cerebral palsy. Luke fell down while walking over for me to take his picture, but both can walk. I didn't get to interact with James. However, I did get to spend a few minutes with Luke. We took candy for the kids and he loved it, and we spent a few minutes playing with blocks with each other. He did not want me to leave and it broke my heart to see these children, longing for a family. I asked the director if I could help spread the word aboiut any choldren and these were the two she gave me. She said if anyone was interested in either I could email her and she would give the information about them (I think it would go through perhaps our agency or Love Without Boundaries). There are about 420 children in the orphanage and in foster care here. Everyone was very kind and the facilities were clean and bright. Still, there were so many that need a family. I am appealing to you all to please consider giving a home to one (or two!) of these children. I won't lie - it is difficult sometimes (sometimes very difficult!!!, but oh, so worth it! (Even biological children are difficult at times ;-) !!) To feel these little arms around you and to hear the word Mama from a child who has never been able to say that before is beyond my ability to describe. Please pray for these children - and children around the world - who have no arms to tuck them in at night, to sing them a lullaby, to teach them to ride a bike, to send of to their prom, or to walk them down the isle. Your child may be waiting for you!!!!!!!!

Annie, if you are reading this, if you can please put these little guys on your blog!!!!!!!

Much love, Cindy

4 comments:

  1. We are leaving in June to bring home our 2yr old son that is in foster care in Guiyang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's Annie. I am reading, and have showed Kennedy your blog every day since she knows your daughter! When I am at home, I will put the picture of the boys on our blog for sure! I will do what I can to spread the word! I know you can't read the comments, but maybe your husband will see this. Please tell Evelyn that Kennedy (Niu Niu) says hello! She is so happy that she, too, has a loving family and will come to America for a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the orphanage visit went well...I showed the picture of the boys to Erin, she said she knows both of them and that both of them have problems with walking.
    Annie Manning wanted me to let you know she will post the boys on her blog and that Kennedy says hi to EAmericavelyn and that she is very happy she is coming to America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, got them on mine too!

    ReplyDelete