Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 9, 2011


Today started early because we had to meet our guide for medical exams. Breakfast ended with a bang - Enya Li kicked the table and spilled coffee and noodles. Fortunately only a little got on Xiaoyun, but that pretty much signaled the end of breakfast. The medical exams went fairly well, except for the fact that Xiaoyun had to have four shots and the TB test. Enya Li only had to get the TB test because we filled out paperwork saying we'd get her vaccinated within 30 days of arriving home (this only applies to children under 10 yrs. old). Xiaoyun was a trooper and I think I flinched more than she did. We go back Wednesday morning to have the TB test read. Please pray for no raised mark on the arms. Enya had a reaction to mosquito bites yesterday and today, but the medicine is working - thank you, Lord! After the medicals we went to a provincial museum and while we were there some older people came up and started talking to the guide (John). He told us they were saying how much they appreciated the fact that we were adopting the girls. One lady was particularly vocal and said it was a shame that the wealthy people in China aren't doing this themselves. They kept giving us thumbs up and the one lady actually saluted us! It was so kind of them and we got a photo, though it came out a bit blurry. Xiaoyun was a bit tired - I suppose from the shots,- but she eventually perked up and tried to teach me some words in Mandarin. She thought I was so funny trying to say them correctly (I'm blaming this on my Alabama accent). Even Enya got in on the act and would try to correct my words. Mandarin has 4 tones, so you not only have to say the word, but also say it with the correct tone). Overall it was a good day for everyone, once we got past the shots. I'm even getting better helping Enya use the squatty potty, though I'm glad that is not a skill I'll need at home. Love to all! Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment