Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I've been able to Skype with Cindy and the girls for an hour or better in the mornings and evenings. To say that things have improved greatly is an understatement! Body clocks are adjusting/ed, the girls are getting along and Wanda is feeling better. This has been such a marvelous journey and we're so excited to all be together soon. Thanks for those who've been praying for our family. God has really been at work in our lives these past 26 months. I'm so thankful we did NOT play it safe by staying warm inside by the hearth. That we were willing and sensitive to the Lord's movemnet on this path and how God has built a raging fire in our hearts for these children. We are truly blessed! Today marks the one year anniversary of our Gotcha day with Elli. I would like to share what Cindy has written to her on this very special day:

Happy Gotcha day! Mama is sorry I can't be with you on this special day, but we will have many more Gotcha Days to celebrate together. You are such a blessing to me and I thank God for giving me such a special daughter. The moment I first saw you was such a wonderful moment and one I will always treasure. I had waited so long to see your sweet face and many prayers were prayed for you over those months before we met. I am so thankful God sent you into our lives, and allowed me to be your mama. I love you so very much. I am sending hugs and kisses to you and can't wait to see you again soon!!! I love you honey bunny!!!! Love, Mama




The little things I'm thankful For:

Pepsi Max (couldn't get any Pepsi last tim e we were here)
Sippy cups - finally bought one today!!!!!
Cool rooms
Western style buffet breakfasts
Showers
Cold water
Fried potatoes on breakfast menu
Hotel room doors that have an alarm when you open door
Wonderful guides
Finding peanut butter at grocery store
BBC news
Good bakery
Fridge in room
STROLLER
Soft linens
Water bottles in abundance
Good hotel staff
Hearing ANYONE speak English (even if the only word they can say is hello!)
Someone calling  your room phone to check on you
Not having to drive in this traffic
Congee - either plain or pumpkin - mixed with steamed pumpkin and sugar (think soupy rice pudding) - the girls were both shocked when I added sugar ;-)
A cup of tea - while it is still at least lukewarm (means I got to sit down for a few minutes)
Splenda I brought from home
Chapstick
Singing along with John Denver on the computer
Coffee creamer in our room
Small pair of scissors bought at corner drug store
Bandaids

No comments:

Post a Comment