Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A important prayer request - mom thinks she might have broken a rib. She stayed in the room and rested while we went to the amusement park. She's been such a trooper, and didn't tell me the pain she was in until today (she hurt it on the plane ride from Harbin). She started on some pain/ inflammation medicine today, so please pray she is feeling much better soon.


This morning the decision was made to change hotels. We moved to a different room last night(in same hotel), but it was only a tad cooler than the other. We went to breakfast this morning, and it was so cool in the restaurant, but about a minute after getting back into our room, we were drenched with sweat. I called the guide and asked to change hotels, and 30 minutes later the bellboy was there to collect our luggage. The girls were great - both jumping right in to help pack up quickly. Enya was a little too helpful, and we had to remove from the suitcase all the paperwork and brochures that the hotel keeps in the rooms ;-). We got to the new hotel, and was greeted by a COOL room!!!!!!!!! (I know I sound so spoiled - and I am! We take so much for granted where we live. In my defense, the windows didn't open and the air was 'broken' as they said. ) This hotel is in the center of downtown and two doors down is a KFC! Guess what we had for supper?! I just went and got it and brought it back to the room. Xiaoyun wrote down what she wanted, and I just showed the cashier her paper. When I got back to the room I looked to see what she had ordered - she only ordered french fries LOL. She had already told us she liked KFC, and she also told us she liked junk food. I must say, her fries looked really good. We did get Enya to eat a chicken leg, but she is happiest just eating noodles - breakfast lunch and supper. She, like Elli last year, eats like there is no tomorrow, and we have to keep the food put up, or she'll make herself sick. I can't believe how much food she can put away! Xiaoyun, on the other hand, doesn't eat much at all.
Our guide took us to an amusement park today. Sort of a very miniature Six Flags. Xiaoyun had been before, but I don't think Enya Li had ever seen anything like it. The first thing we rode was a carousal and I sat on the horse with Enya. She laughed and squealed the entire time. It was so much fun watching her face! We asked Xiaoyun which rides she wanted to ride and she picked out the little rides so Enya Li could go on them, too. She only asked to ride one roller coaster that Enya Li couldn't ride. I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful of her. I did have to ride a children's roller coaster with Enya Li, and in case you're wondering, those seats are not quite big enough . I wasn't sure if I could get in there, and even less sure I could get out!
The last ride was the one I picked out- the spinning tea cups. I didn't know if the spinning would bother them, but they both started it spinning and wanted it to go faster and faster. We were all laughing so hard by the time it was over - such a great memory!
Enya Li had seen a toy she wanted when we entered, so we stopped to buy it on our way out and our guide suggested ice cream, since it was such a hot day. We got Enya's, and she wouldn't eat it. Vickie (guide) explained what it was, and Enya took one bite and was hooked! It was her first time eating ice cream. Unfortunately, the toy she wanted was a toy chicken that she can push around and it flaps its wings. I say unfortunately, because it also makes the worst screeching noise to go with the flapping ;-). It was quite the day for us all and one I'm thankful we could share together.
Enya Li found a new use for the clothes pins - she got on the chair behind me while I was uploading pictures and put them all in my hair. she was so proud of herself. I also had a good mother - daughter with Xiaoyun. I picked up some hot pink nail polish (I'd brought some from home, but it didn't do very well) at the local pharmacy and we painted our nails after Enya Li went to sleep. I told her we'd do toes tomorrow and you should have seen the smile! She threw her arms around my and gave me a kiss, and then did the same for Mom. A tender moment.
Best close for now. It is late and some members of my family like to get up early. I can't begin to tell you all how much your prayers mean to us and can't wait to introduce our beautiful daughters in person!!!! Much Love, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment