Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First let me say - Happy Gotcha Day, Elli Chun Willoughby!!!!! One year ago today we met our beautiful 7 year old daughter. So much has happened in one short year. Who would have thought I'd be sitting in China typing up news of two more daughters on the one year anniversary of Elli's 'birth'? Elli has been such a blessing and I can't wait to have all the girls united!
Is has been a fairly quiet day. Enya had us up at 5:50 this morning. At breakfast we discovered just how much Enya Li likes tomatoes - she ate two bowls of grape tomatoes (along with her noodles and watermelon). We stayed in the room, which is always easier with our little dynamo. Our plans to visit the orphanage were delayed until tomorrow, because the guide had paperwork to do concerning the adoption. We had some fun with the beach ball and also looked at pictures of the extended family. We also found out Enya Li is a little ham. She will pose and make a face and then want her picture made. We braided Xiaoyun's hair today - she enjoys having it brushed.
In my effort to be a good mom ;-) I have been trying some of the food the girls got at the grocery yesterday. Sadly, I can't read the writing on the package and more than one thing has been less than desirable to me (I do not like tomato flavored potato chips). Xiaoyun wanted to share her ramen noodle with me, so I leaned down to her bowl and opened wide to try it. Fortunately, I sniffed before it reached my mouth. Unfortunately, I got a big whiff and started gagging and dry heaving. It was some type of seafood(which I really dislike!) The girls thought that was a hoot, and we all ended up having a good laugh (actually, even typing this is making my stomach roll!). I'm thankful for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - though I may never eat another one after we get home!

The girls are asleep, and I am heading that way. Please know how much I appreciate ALL the prayers. I'm sorry I can't see the blog, or the comments left (it is blocked here), but I look forward to reading them when I get home. Also, I'm sorry for the many emails I haven't sent to friends and family. By the time I get the post done, I am bone weary. Every once in a while, during the day, Enya Li is occupied and I can type a few thoughts I want to remember, but that is about all I can manage. All my love and thanks!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying you posts.
    Happy gotcha date Elli and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete