Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Xiaoyun (Evelyn)is a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart. I cannot imagine the courage it took for her to leave all that is familiar. We did the paperwork as soon as we got to the adoption affairs office, which is far different than what we are used to. The other two adoptions, we went to the Civil affairs office and it was all very formal. Here we were just in their offices with people coming and going, and most of them were just waiting on us to get there and do the paperwork. Since we came right before a holiday (Labor Day) they were rushing the paperwork through. Xiaoyun was there waiting on us and was so sad it broke my heart. Her foster parents were there and I was able to meet them. Her foster mom and I sat and cried together. I wish we had had time to get check in at the hotel before meeting her, because it was chaotic getting unpacked and settled in. She is being such a great help with Enya Li. Enya really listens to her (unlike me ;-) As far as the sleeping arrangements, I asked the guide to ask her if she wanted to sleep in a separate bed and she said she wanted to sleep with me. She has given me kisses and hugs, hops up into my lap when we Skype, and asked me to dry and brush her hair after her shower. She gave me a slender silver ring that she placed on the finger beside my wedding ring. Such a precious moment. We painted her fingernails today and I think she enjoyed that. She loved getting her camera and we were both excited when we realized we could change the directions on it into Pinyin so she could read it. Both girls are very lovely and we look forward to getting them home!

1 comment:

  1. Virgil and Cindy, Thank you for sharing your incredible and heartwarming adoption journey with us. You and your family will be such a blessing to these precious children. Our prayers are with you as you make them a part of your family. Safe travels and calm transitions are at the top of our list. God bless you all. Don and Jacque

    ReplyDelete