Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A lifetime since June 1

I can't believe it has been two months since I posted! The days have blurred by. We've turned around and it is almost time for Elli to start Kindergarten. She has changed so much in the last two months. It seems as though we got her a lifetime ago and not three months ago. What a joy she has been to us all. Her English is incredible - I spent months learning a FEW basic Chinese words and she already communicates with us quite clearly. Her first long phrase was "I no like tea- I like coffee" I was fixing myself a cup of tea and she had a drink and quickly let me know coffee tasted better (she'd tried a sip of Virgil's). We were in the grocery the other day and turned down the aisle where the packaged coffee was and she said 'ooh that smells good". She started saying "Oh my goodness!!!" with a SOUTHERN accent that would make my Alabama family proud. She says it often. Her other two favorites are 'I'll be right back!' and 'Wait one minute!' She loves to match everything. If she finds a picture and remembers she has something like it she'll go dig in her room until she has found the match. She still loves to look at pictures of herself. She is Mama's little helper and tries to help me with all my chores (which means it now takes me much longer to get anything accomplished ;-) ). She is still Baba's girl and I'm still in third place after Emily, but we've come a long way. She now calls out my name when she wakes up through the night (which is almost every night). I now get kisses regularly and plenty of hugs. She does not like it when Virgil shows me or Em any affection, nor does she like for Em to show me affection. Looking pretty is very important to her. If Em or I have on a dress she wants one on and she doesn't want Virgil bragging on us - only on her. She loves to dance and spends a lot of time dancing around - especially with Em. She will be starting dance lessons in a couple of weeks. She also loves music and sings all the time. We went to the lake with Virgil's family for a weekend and she loved it. She hates having water in her face but wanted to stay on the jetski the entire weekend. She pretends we're on the 'big boat' still and that we're swimming. We went to the zoo in Cincinnati and had a great time. She enjoyed all the animals and we talked about the zoo we had went to in China. Her imagination is starting to shine through. She gets up on the arm of the chair and pretends she is driving - mainly to the mall (Em has corrupted her already). She puts on her seat belt and has you put on your's if you are lucky enough to go with her. She turns on the radio and the air conditioner and tells us to shut our doors. Once she gets to the mall she shops for 'Elli clothes' then gets back in her car and comes home. I'm trying to talk her into going to church instead of the mall. Speaking of church, Elli attended VBS a few weeks ago. I stayed in the class with her and she did fine. She rode the pony they brought out the final day. She will start AWANA's next week. It is Bible memorization and I think she'll do great with that. We had her appointment with the pediatric orthopedists and received wonderful news. Her limp is caused by mild hip dysplasia and the fact that she was born with a dislocated hip. They did surgery (when she was a baby?) to fix the hip dislocation. The doctor felt that with regular exercise the limp may go away and no surgery would ever be required. We've already seen a remarkable difference in her limp. She is so much more active and it is hardly noticeable at all any more. She has grown 1 1/2 inches since she got home! She has definitely brought this house to life! Gone are the days when we'd read quietly at night with some soft music playing. Instead you're now apt to hear squeals of laughter and non stop talking (with some Veggie Tales music in the background). She is so much fun and we can not begin to tell you how blessed we've been to have been allowed to become her family. God has answered all our prayers and answered them abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment