Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, May 14, 2010

Coming Home

This is our final post from China. We leave the room at 6 am. It's hard to believe the time has come to introduce Elli to her new family, friends, and country.
Today went very well. We ate a big breakfast (as usual) and walked around the area a bit more. Then Elli and I went to the play room and had a great time playing in a giant playpen. We got all the stuffed animals in the room and she lined them all up in the play pen with us. Then she had me lay down along with all the animals for our 'nap time'. Fortunately no one else was in the room :)
Our guide brought our final paperwork, including Elli's visa. We broke down and bought Elli squeaky shoes - all the other kids already had some, but we held out until the end. Once we put them on her feet she got the biggest smile. It was obvious she was so proud of them. I'm sure we will all grow to hate the sound they make in a very short time :). We have enjoyed our time here in China, but we are all so very ready to come home. Just sleeping in our own beds sounds so enticing. We cannot begin to tell you all how much we appreciate you taking this journey with us. We will continue to update Elli's progress once we are back home. We love you all and are so thankful for the prayers and support!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to follow your journey. Her tranformation is just amazing isn't it? So wonderful to see you all together. FYI the little sqeaky thing in the shoes comes out! After you get home they can mysteriously break ;)

    Vicki
    LWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad yall are on your way home and looking forward to meeting Elli!! Have a safe trip and will keep your family in our prayers for a safe trip home. Love everyone :D
    Dad and Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elli,
    Hey Elli, I am Allie. I know you haven't seen me but I have looked at your pictures with Nana and I think are very beautiful. I look forward to meeting you and being your friend, I realy, realy want to see you. I hope to meet you when Nana and Papa come to see you, or you come to see them.
    Have fun at your new home,
    Allie
    (Cindy, Allie and I looked at the pictures together and she wanted to send Elli a note...she is excited for yall!! I have been telling her about Elli and she helped me pick the material out for Elli's quillo..Love,Christi)

    ReplyDelete