Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another Day Closer to Home



Hello to all! We had a rough night last night and went to bed late, but today was much better. We kept Elli from taking much of a nap today and she's now sleeping sweetly in her bed. Upon receiving some good advice, (thanks Carla) I took Elli to the pool after we took the famous Red Couch picture (I think Em sent it to you already). Didn't Elli look adorable in her little dress? Em did too. Virgil and Em went shopping while we were at the pool. I couldn't talk Elli into putting on her bathing suit (we don't think she's ever been swimming). She hates having a bath so I wasn't sure how she'd be at the pool. When we got there she put her feet out to keep the stroller from getting too close. I left her in the stroller and got into the kiddie pool myself and acted like I was having a blast. She finally got out of the stroller and came over and sit on the edge. She was wearing long pants and she pulled them up so she wouldn't get them wet. Little by little she inched closer until she got her feet in the water. By the end she was actually standing in the water splashing me. She wouldn't sit down, but progress had been made.
Afterward we spent some time in the room watching the Pleasant Goat and then went out shopping when Virgil and Em got back. I bought Elli some lace for her wedding. I also won some brownie points by buying her some ice cream. She did the I love you sign back to me today and said Emmie's name - finally. She also repeated 'love you!' back to Virgil. She's running up and giving Virgil a kiss without being asked and is giving me hugs without me BEGGING. She is having her 'moments' but we feel once we get back home and get into a routine that will help a great deal.
They have her birthday recorded as October 21, 2003, though that is a guess. We aren't so sure. She acts much younger (more like a 3-4 year old).
We have our consulate appointment tomorrow afternoon for her swearing in and then all is done but the packing. That may be the most difficult task of the entire trip LOL. Love to all. Can't wait to see you all soon! Thanks for the prayers! Keep them coming!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just read and got caught up with your entire trip. Sounds like things are going very well. I am glad the medial tests were good. Can't wait to hear you are back and from the looks of the photos, things are going very well. Take care and have a safe trip home. Troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sight!!! So many smiles. Hugs and kisses to all until we get there to give our own! Many prayers are with you all the way! You will all be home soon! momma

    ReplyDelete