Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Two days and counting!!!!

Now that we have tickets to travel I've been in a frantic scramble to get everything together. It's not like I haven't known for over 14 months that we'd be traveling to China, but I couldn't get myself in gear until I had a definite date to leave. Since we found out the dates I've been on an emotional roller coaster. I've cried some of everyday and rejoiced constantly. Our thoughts are on Elli and the upcoming transitions for her. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be uprooted from all you know and are familiar with and given to complete strangers who look, act, speak and smell funny. The plane ride alone will probably be a terrifying experience for her. We covet all your prayers. I'm so thankful she has been in a foster program sponsored by Love Without Boundaries. They have paid for her to be with a foster family. Just the fact that she has been with a family and not in an orphanage should help tremendously with the bonding and attaching. If you have a moment, check out their Facebook page - the photos will really tug at your heart strings. We leave at 7:54 Tuesday morning. Gotcha day - the day we hold her in our arms for the first time- is May 4. Please say an extra prayer for Elli that day.

3 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you in the finality of your new daughter and I pray with my whole heart and soul that she is easily acclimated to her new family and environment! Even though I have never been there for my nephews and nieces like I should have been, I still love, cherish, and pray for them and I will do the same for Elli, as I am proud to call all of you and claim all of you as my family! May God bless, protect, provide for, shelter, and love you all with this amazing new journey with Elli! As always, I know there isn't much I can do from here in Decatur, ALabama, except pray, but I am here if you ever need me! I send love, hugs, kisses to you all and especially to you Elli!

    Love your brother and uncle,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys-as I write this you are in the air-praying for no headaches -in more ways than one)! And promise to pray for Elli as she prepares to meet her family. Stay safe -we can't wait to have the family together again!! Love you all more than you know! Curtis and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping everyone in my prayers!! Hope all four of you are enjoying your trip...love yall and look forward to seeing yall soon :D Dad and Christi

    ReplyDelete