Count of Chicks for Children

God's Plan For Us

This is our journey - God's incredible plan for our lives. When we followed the moving of the Holy Spirit, He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out upon us blessings we never dreamed of! Indescribable joy!

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30th

Today we climbed the Great Wall! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to walk tomorrow, but it was incredible!!! The day was gorgeous and the temperature was perfect. I still can’t believe we were there. So much backbreaking labor to build it over many centuries. Afterward we went to a family style Chinese restaurant where they put all the dishes in the middle of the table and all the families shared. I passed on the entire fish laid out on the platter and also on most things I couldn’t recognizeJ Afterward we went to a jade factory, seeing jade carving in action. We also toured the Summer Palace where the Emperor’s family would spend the summer months. It was in the middle of Beijing but when you step through those gates it was like a different world. So ornate and serene. Surrounding a portion of the area was a large lake and we went out on a Dragon Boat for a tour. There are street vendors everywhere you go and if you show even a hint of interest they will follow you FOREVER trying to get you to buy their products. I could have bought a Rolex watch (authentic I’m sure!) for about $3. As mentioned before, the traffic is unbelievable. You choose how and where you drive. The lines on the roads mean nothing. How there isn’t a wreck ever second I’ll never know! We didn’t get back to the room until around 7pm and Em is already asleep. We are starting to adjust a little on the time and I see the wisdom in having us come a few days early to get on Elli’s schedule somewhat before we get her. Having said that, however, we are counting down until Tuesday!!!! We depart from the hotel at 7:30 Sunday morning and our flight to Hefei leaves around 10:15. I think it is a two hour flight. We appreciate all the thoughts and look forward to posting some pictures that include a beautiful little 6 year old soon!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Trying to leave a comment-miss you guys-can't wait for the entire family to be together again-love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael NiemeyerMay 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM

    Hey everyone! Have you all recovered from jet lag? My emails aren't really coming through I don't think, but I'm getting Emily's, is this working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear yall made it safely, just stay safe in the traffic! Praying for yall daily and for little Elli too. I know she is going to be very nervous, but she will be fine after meeting such a wonderful family to love her! Take care and keep us posted on the trip.
    Love you all,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure! I'm glad you're getting to see China and learn a little bit about the world that has been Elli's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tink that the pic of Eli smiling (on the bottom)is SOOOOO cute!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete